Wednesday 9 December 2009

Christmas Present TIme - Lizzie Versus Nigella!!!!

What fun, I have had several days off work, (excluding today when the re run for Luton happened - and yes we go the right day this time!)

Anyway, we were away at the weekend in Presteigne and had a lovely time, I then went Christmas shopping Monday with my cousin and aunt and had a lovely day.  I was all inspired after popping into Lakeland what fab baking equipment they have.  Now for those who know me, you will know that I usually make some of my presents.

I am very sorry to say that I have done it again this year - don't panic though, other than the much loved chilli jam (which you have all ordered this year) I am only making pate and as a new addition to the gift list this year I have decided to have a go at making some Christmas fairy cakes and some truffles.

Now Debbie if you are reading this LOOK AWAY NOW!!! Ha Ha I know you will read it......

I have had a go at making some Christmas Pudding truffles.  I have NEVER made anything like this before in my life and I have to say I quite enjoyed the experience, not much cooking required, massive opportunities to lick the bowl, spoon, fingers, work top etc etc and the results taste fantastic, I am not even sure they will last long enough to give as gifts.....I may have to make more.

The original recepie for these is in a Nigella Christmas book, now mine look nothing like Nigellas, I think I need far more practice on the Chocolate dripping - but I think you will agree, not a bad job for someone who can't see past their nose!




I reckon a bit more practice with the white chocolate, and decorations and I will be there, of course I can not promise the same for the cup cakes!!!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment